Top 5 (Five) Protein Rich Vegetarian food
To find Protein rich vegetarian food is bit difficult for vegetarian people, but it isn’t hard to meet the required amount of protein in diet. We 5 high quality protein-rich vegetarian food rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and nutrients . We will be looking at the top 5 protein-rich vegetarian food.
Worried that you won’t get enough protein without meat? Relax! By eating a variety of healthful protein-rich vegetarian food, you can easily cover your protein bases.
Protein is necessary for the growth and development of various tissues of the body. It has been recognized that some amount of protein is consumed as fuel for muscular work. However, many experts agree that a well-planned vegetarian or vegan diet can provide you with all the nutrients you need.
Why protein is necessary for our body Let’s understand
Protein contains Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and sometimes sulfur. Proteins are very large molecules, so they can not get directly into our blood. So they are turned into amino-acids by our digestive system.
There are 23 amino-acids out of 9 amino-acids must be available in the diet. These amino acids are used by the body to create blood, muscles, nails, skin, hair and internal organ protein from new tissues, repair the broken tissues, regulate the balance of water and acid, transport oxygen and nutrients and make antibodies.
How to get protein as vegetarian?
We will be discussing about the best options for vegan protein sources. Even though people wonder where vegetarians get their protein, there are many foods which provide sufficient protein. However, many experts agree that a well-planned vegetarian or vegan diet can provide you with all the nutrients you need.
If you’re following a vegetarian diet, try these best options for protein-rich vegetarian food, to fulfill your protein requirement.
So a vegan diet has a lot of options in food for fulfilling protein requirement. Protein is very important for bodybuilding, fitness sports, & muscles building otherwise you will have to take a good supplement to finish your one-day protein requirement fulfill. Many people cannot take a supplement because they do not have a budget.
So for those people today I will be sharing top 5 protein-rich vegetarian food which is complete of protein and other vital nutrients.
Take a look at some of the top 5 high-protein vegetarian foods to add to your diet, with all its nutrition facts and protein value.
1: -PEANUT BUTTER
Peanut butter is a fairly balanced energy source that supplies all of the three macronutrients. Look at the nutritional value in 100g of peanut butter.
- 20 grams of carbs (13% of calories), 6 of which are fiber.
- 25 grams of protein (15% of calories), which is quite a lot compared to most other plant food.
- 50 grams of fats, totaling about 72% of calories
Each 2 tablespoon serving of peanut butter contains more than 8 grams of protein, nearly 2 grams of dietary fiber, 208 milligrams of potassium more than half a gram of iron, 24 micro milligrams of folate,188 calories and 3 grams of sugars. The fat content is 16 grams per serving, but only 3 grams of those are saturated. Also which have proven benefits for heart and muscle health.
Chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans are a type of legume that is the best source of protein-rich vegetarian food full fiber, and complex carbohydrate. There are two varieties of chickpeas: the ‘’blond’’ variety which sold mostly in the middle east. And the black chickpeas are also rich in protein. A large number of people in India and outside India consumes it as a best veg food souses of protein.
Carbohydrate in chickpeas–
Most of the calories in chickpeas come from carbohydrate. There are about 54 grams of carbs in a one-cup serving. Most of the carbohydrate in chickpeas is fiber and starch. There is a small amount of naturally occurring sugar in chickpeas.
Fat in chickpeas:-
There is a small amount of fat in chickpeas, although most of it is polyunsaturated fat considered to be healthier from fat.
Protein in chickpeas:-
Chickpeas are a good source of plant-based protein, providing about 12 grams per one-cup serving. protein is important in maintaining a healthy immune system. It is also the building block of hair, skin, and nails and is used to help build muscle tissue.
Chickpeas are soluble fiber, making it a heart-healthy food. Have a reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer also high protein food.
3:- CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are the tinny black seeds of the chia plant. These seeds are small ovular with a shiny and smooth texture. Seeds contain a large amount of fiber and omega -3 fatty acids, plenty of high-quality protein, and several essential minerals and antioxidants.
- Carbs and Fiber:-
- One ounce 2 tablespoon (28 grams) of chia seeds has 12 grams of carbs .11 of those grams are fiber, which your body doesn’t digest. The digestible carbs(carbohydrate) content is only one gram per ounce (28 grams) which is very low . this makes chia a low-carb friendly food. Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber.
- A 28 grams, or 1 ounce, serving of chia seeds also contain 5.6 grams of protein. Chia seeds contain a decent amount of protein.they also have a good balance of essential amino acids, so chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant food.
- One of the unique characteristics of 30.7 grams fat chia seeds is their high content of heart-healthy omega -3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are the best known plant-based source of omega- 3 fatty acids even better than flax seeds. They are a great source of omega -3 fatty acids.
4:- SOYA CHUNKS
Soya chunks are made from soybeans and they work well as meat substitutes. Soybeans are one of the high protein vegetarian food. Soya chunks have around 52 to 53 grams of protein per 100 grams. They have high protein compared to most non-vegetarian protein sources such as fish or chicken which has only around 30 grams of protein per 100 gram. Indians can make soya egg recipe which is best and healthy Indian vegetarian breakfast.
- Soya chunks 3.5 0unce serving contain just under 30 grams of carbs. The recommended intake of carbs for the average adult is 130 grams. carbs are a primary source of fuel for the body. A daily intake of 250 grams is more optimal.
- A 3.5 ounce serving of soya chunks contains over 54 grams of protein. This is more than the same serving size of meat and eggs. The recommended daily intake of protein is 56 grams for men and 46 grams for women.
- Soya chunks have only a negligible amount of fat the calories come from the carbs and protein.
5 :-Kala Chana (Black gram)
Kala chana is an Indian name or chickpeas also known as Black gram in India it is one of the best Indian protein-rich vegetarian food. A cup of boiled Kala chana contains 269 calories. It has 4 grams of total fat with less than ½ gram of cholesterol-raising saturated fat. Beans are a good plant-based source of protein.
One-half cup of dried Kala chana 4 grams of fat, 60 grams of carbs, 17 grams of fiber 8 grams of natural sugar and 19 grams of protein. While these beans are high in protein more than 60% of the calories come from carbs it most used vegetarian food rich in protein and a source of energy for your body and brain.